Hear from land use and zoning law practitioners throughout North Carolina about key issues as we begin 2021.
This program includes legislative and case law updates, key insights from municipal attorneys on adapting to new procedures amid a worldwide pandemic, and how unconscious bias can impact land use decisions.
- Integrating 160D into a UDO
- Challenges to Emergency Land Use Procedures
- Update on Short-Term Vacation Rentals
- Impediments to Rational Decision-Making
- Case Law and Legislative Update
Friday, April 9, 2021
8:55 AM–4:00 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- James C. "Jim" Drennan, UNC School of Government, Chapel Hill
- Terrie Hagler-Gray, Charlotte City Attorney's Office, Charlotte
- James L. "Jim" Joyce, UNC School of Government, Raleigh
- Adam Lovelady, UNC School of Government, Chapel Hill
- Thomas Powers III, Charlotte City Attorney's Office, Charlotte
- Amy C. Schaefer, Lee Kaess PLLC, Wilmington
- Robin L. Tatum, Raleigh City Attorney's Office, Raleigh
- David York, Raleigh City Attorney's Office, Raleigh
NCBA Zoning, Planning & Land Use Section
- Clifford P. Parson, Ward and Smith PA, New Bern (Planner)
- Jamie S. Schwedler, Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.