The 25th Annual Elder and Special Needs Law Symposium offers insight from respected elder and special needs law practitioners and aging-service professionals from North Carolina. This year's program includes a diverse array of topics for all attorneys, whether new to the practice or a seasoned professional.
Attendees can expect to:
- Gain insight into special needs planning issues and hot topics
- Explore issues surrounding NC Medicaid Transformation — where it is and where it is going
- Learn how to protect clients from the growing sophistication of scammers and those who take advantage of vulnerable adults
- Review ethical considerations when working with families pursuing guardianships and as a guardian ad litem.
Attendees have the option to choose between two program tracks: "Basics of Elder Law," which is devoted to an introductory overview of essential aspects of an elder law practice, or "Advanced Elder Law," which discusses issues commonly included on the specialization exam.
- Ethics Hour
- Keynote Address: NC Medicaid Transformation
- Technology Hour
- Medicaid Eligibility and Basics of Medicaid Planning
- Advanced Fiduciary Representation
- Basics of Special Needs Trust
- Advanced Medicaid Planning
- Case Studies in Asset Protection
- Top 10 SSA/Medicare Questions
- The Guardianship Process from Application to Adjudication
- Counseling Clients on Housing Options & Eligibility
- 2020 Legislative Updates
- Special Needs Planning
- Elder Fraud & Abuse Updates
- NC Elder Law Specialization Panel
Thursday-Friday, March 4-5, 2021
NCBA Elder & Special Needs Law Section
North Carolina: 12.50 MCLE Hours
Click "Notify Me" below to receive an email when the program is open for registration.