Good writing does not necessarily equate to good contract drafting; the objectives are different, so your strategy should be, too.
In this fast-paced three-hour CLE, learn important contract drafting essentials to apply throughout your entire practice. From choosing the right format, to drafting payment terms and warranties, to understanding strategies for drafting boilerplate provisions, contracts expert Lenné Espenschied shares tips and techniques to help you avoid critical errors, improve the quality of your work and draft with more confidence.
Session highlights include:
- 3 types of contract formats
- 7 essential parts of a contract
- Red, yellow and green: Words to avoid, words to limit and words to prefer
- 5 things you should know about drafting payment terms
- 5 things you should know about drafting warranties
- 10 bad writing habits to avoid
- Contract Essentials: Contract Formats, Essential Parts and Selecting the Right Terminology
- Contract Essentials: Drafting Payment Terms and Warranties
- Contract Essentials: 10 Bad Habits
Rebroadcast (Original Live Webcast Date: October 7, 2020)
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Click here to preview the full program agenda.
- Lenné Eidson Espenschied, Lenné Espenschied Continuing Legal Education, Saint Simons Island, Georgia
NCBA CLE Department
North Carolina: 3.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below.