Designed as a survey for individuals who practice routinely in the area of estate planning and have several years of prior experience, this program addresses a series of advanced topics, presented by estate planning practitioners.
Sharpen your skills in areas such as advising clients on sophisticated tax planning strategies, modifying irrevocable trusts, handling income tax issues related to trusts, and structuring charitable gifts into an effective estate plan.
- Refashioning Irrevocable Trusts
- Federal Income Taxation of Trusts
- Charitable Giving
- Will Caveats
- Asset Protection for Estate Planners
- Basis Planning
Thursday, March 18, 2021
8:55 AM–4:10 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Elizabeth K. Arias, Womble Bond Dickinson (U.S.) LLP, Raleigh
- Elinor J. "Elie" Foy, Womble Bond Dickinson (U.S.) LLP, Raleigh
- Stephen J. "Steve" Grabenstein, The Van Winkle Law Firm, Asheville
- Sherwood C. "Chris" Henderson, White & Allen PA, New Bern
- C. Barton "Bart" Landess, Catawba Lands Conservancy, Charlotte
- David T. Lewis, Johnston Allison & Hord PA, Charlotte
- Holly B. Norvell, Johnston Allison & Hord PA, Charlotte
NCBA Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law Section
- Charles E. "Charlie" Davis III, Poyner Spruill LLP, Raleigh (Planner)
- Marc W. Ingersoll, Ingersoll Firm PLLC, Winston-Salem (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 MCLE Hours
Qualifies for NC State Bar Estate Planning & Probate Law Specialization
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.