Join a distinguished group of speakers — including prosecutors, defense attorneys and representation from the bench — for the 2021 Criminal Justice Section CLE.
With a focus on equal justice, this program is beneficial to all criminal practitioners in state and federal courts.
Key topics include:
- Federal sentencing advocacy and federal sentencing during the pandemic
- The dynamics of diversity
- Protecting the record
- Protest cases, police encounters and racial justice
- Engaging with jurors and opposing counsel in a digital world
- Developments in federal and state traffic laws
- Federal Sentencing Advocacy
- Dynamics of Diversity
- Do We Need to Try This Case Again?
- Protest Cases, Police Encounters and Racial Justice
- Making Connections in a Digital World
- Should We File a Motion to Suppress?
Friday, February 12, 2021
8:55 AM–4:10 PM
Click here to view the full program agenda.
- Chief Judge J.H. Corpening II, North Carolina District Court, Wilmington
- Judge Richard E. Myers II, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, Wilmington
- Senior Resident Superior Court Judge Paul C. Ridgeway, North Carolina Superior Court, Raleigh
- David Ball, Malekpour & Ball, Chapel Hill
- Kelly M. Dagger, Ellis & Winters, Raleigh
- G. Glenn Gerding, Office of the Appellate Defender, Durham
- Jim Melo, Tin Fulton Walker & Owen PLLC, Raleigh
- Kendra A. Montgomery-Blinn, Durham County District Attorney's Office, Durham
- Jeffrey L. "Jeff" Nieman, North Carolina 15B District Attorney's Office, Chapel Hill
- James E. Quander, Quander & Rubain PA, Winston-Salem
- Deonte' L. Thomas, Wake County Public Defender's Office, Raleigh
NCBA Criminal Justice Section
- William R. "Rob" Heroy, Goodman Carr Laughrun Levine & Greene PLLC, Charlotte (Planner)
- Patrick B. Weede, Weede Law PLLC, Raleigh (Planner)
North Carolina: 6.00 MCLE Hours
See pricing below. Discounts may be available for NCBA members who are students, law professors, judges or legal services/public interest attorneys. Call CLE at 919.677.0561 for details.