As a family law paralegal, your role extends beyond just assisting your attorney with case preparation. You also act as a liaison to the client, represent the firm when interacting with the opposing party, courthouse staff and experts, increase the firm’s business by successfully scheduling consultations and billing effectively, and help to prevent any ethical or malpractice traps for the attorney.
Written by two paralegals and a Board Certified Family Law Specialist (formerly a family law paralegal herself), this resource:
- Discusses practical skills, such as calculating deadlines and drafting various documents
- Offers helpful hints for completing necessary tasks, such as scheduling consultations and filing documents at the courthouse
- Outlines essential procedures, such as client file setup, document organization and trial preparation
- Provides forms, samples and preparatory tools, including charts, spreadsheets, checklists and questionnaires
Equipped with these skills, any family law paralegal is sure to become more efficient, organized and prepared to excel in every role.
- Published March 23, 2017
- Page Count: 228
- Cover: Custom, linen-covered 3-ring binder
- Dimensions: 8.5" x 11"
- Forms: Access and customize an assortment of essential forms and templates from one centralized location, without leaving the main document. To open a fillable or editable version in a separate window, simply click one of the interactive buttons (located on the first page of each form), then complete and save the file anywhere you'd like!
- Side-Panel TOC: Located side-by-side with the page view, convenient hyperlinks to each major section allow you to easily navigate the book without flipping back and forth to the front matter.
- Fully Searchable: Quickly find all instances of a word or phrase that occur within the book.